"The team from MVM helped me transform Academy123 from a nascent technology to a well-funded, significant business in 9 months."
Andy Wilson - Managing Director/Founder
Andy has a strong track record as a senior executive in early stage companies and brings particular expertise in product development and operations. Prior to founding Momentum Venture Management, he served as Senior Vice President of Global Product Management & General Manager of New Ventures at Overture Services, a Pasadena-based advertising services and marketing company that was acquired by Yahoo! for $1.7 billion. Previously he was President & COO of RiverOne, a high-tech supply chain ASP, where he raised more than $50 million of VC investment and built the management team and grew the organization to more than 150 employees. He spent three years at Bowne & Company (DESI), where he led the Western U.S. region from start-up to $50 million in sales/600 people and was promoted to Senior Vice President Strategic Operations and Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the entire multi-hundred million dollar business unit.
Representative projects include:
- As vice chairman of HostedSupport.com, Andy helped reconstitute the core business proposition and go-to-market strategy. He was the lead on securing $3mm of institutional capital, and personally sourced and hired most of the senior management team.
- Once again, in the vice chairman role Andy worked with the nQueue team to establish and articulate the company's business opportunity through a structured business planning process. He assembled a $1.5mm angel Series A financing in 2004 and then another $1.5mm B round in 2005. Andy became interim CEO at nQueue during a 9 month restructuring period.
- Andy joined Blue Lava Group as the vice chairman in 2004. He secured a well respected venture capital firm to lead the $2mm series A round and subsequently identified and secured a world-class advisory board that also contributed an additional half million dollars of investment capital.
- Andy joined Digital Performance as the CEO in 2006. He led all initial business development and fundraising activities ultimately securing two prominent venture capital firms to lead the $2.5mm Series A round. He subsequently hired a leading CEO from Autobytel to lead the company on a going forward basis.
- As CEO for ISAccountable, a data center management and analytics company founded by the ex-CTO of HP OpenView, Andy led the transformation of the company from a software development company to commercial product delivery company.
Andy currently serves as Chairman of the Board for DPI. He is also a member of the executive committee for the Caltech MIT Enterprise Forum and serves on the Pasadena Planning Commission. Andy holds an engineering degree with honors from Dartmouth College and received his MBA with a concentration in operations and technology management from Harvard Business School.